Quantcast
feat0

Positive Pinoy: my personal journey with HIV.

I was diagnosed last March 29, 2012 in a time that I was supposed to leave the country in a couple more weeks. I had my medical exam, and the result returned POSITIVE. From then on, my journey with HIV began.

Read More
feat2

What's New?: gateway to useful links on local and international news and updates about HIV.

A summary collection of medical articles, research news, and science breakthroughs on HIV/AIDS, STIs, and other related diseases.

Read More
feat3

HIV 101: Basic information for the newly-diagnosed.

Understand the basics, know the facts, and take care of yourself. This section contains basic information about HIV/AIDS.

Read More
feat4

Social Media: going viral against HIV/AIDS and other STIs.

The entrance of social media in spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS has gone viral. Famous personalities and the common man alike showed their support not just to HIV education but also with regards to the lives and struggles of the LGBT community.

Read More
feat5

Health Events: listing of wellness and advocacy events for HIV-positive individuals and friends.

This section contains a summary listing of knowledge-sharing events on HIV, mass HIV testing, and other wellness events that will strengthen the overall health of HIV-positive individuals.

Read More

67) Over 140 Pinoys deported from Middle East for having HIV/AIDS, hepatitis --- GMA News



For a range of reasons -- from having infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B or C, or even just having abnormal x-ray results -- at least 142  overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) were deported from the Middle East since last year,  a Saudi-based medical association reported.

Dr. Tawfik Khoja said the Filipinos  were repatriated from the Middle East in 2012 and 2013 after being found to have infectious diseases like HBsAg (Hepa B), HCV (Hepa C), HIV/AIDS, and abnormal x-ray results upon arriving in their host countries.

Khoja is the director general of the Health Ministers’ Council for Cooperation Council States (GAMCA), an accredited medical association in Saudi Arabia.

The report said the OFWs were deported from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman.

The cases included:

  • 50 cases of HBsAg (Hepatitis B),
  • 12 cases of HCV (Hepa C), 
  • three cases of HIV, and
  • 77 abnormal x-ray results.


“The Health Ministers Council for Gulf Cooperation Council States were alarmed that an increasing number of OFWs deployed to the Middle East were found positive for HIV and other infectious diseases,” the report said.


HIV cases


Meanwhile, Philippine Department of Health (DOH) statistics show that 342 OFWs were found positive for HIV in 2012.

The figure comprises about 10 percent of the percent of the total number of cases reported for that year:

The DOH said the latest figure showed a 79 percent increase in the number of cases from a year ago.

Out of the 342 HIV patients, 301 (88 percent) were males while 41 (12 percent) were females according to data from the Philippine National Aids Council (PNAC).

All of the OFWs were infected via sexual intercourse.

As of January this year, there were 12,082 HIV/AIDS cases among Filipinos.

This translates to an average of 12 new cases every day, the highest ever since the DOH started monitoring HIV cases in 2004. 

One out of every five new HIV cases involves an OFW.

Source: Andrei Medina, VVP, GMA News
http://www.gmanetwork.com (May 30, 2013)


Currently have 9 comments:

  1. All thanks to Dr. UTU if not for him I don't know what will have become of me today. I married my husband who was HIV positive like myself. We accepted it as fate since there is no cure. Two years after our marriage my life was torn apart when our family doctor diagnosed me of genital herpes virus I know it was from my ex whom I have dated years back. I became very worried because I don't know what will be my husband judgment when he finds out. I searched everywhere both on internet for cure but no success until my husband started suspecting but still he wasn't sure. I don't want to loose my marriage I prayed everyday with hope that there is a cure. I searched without rest blogs, websites, everything google says about herpes and cure and peoples comments one evening after work I was surfing the internet on herpes cure I saw a friend who was giving testimony on how DR. UTU have helped cured her of her herpes virus I immediately contacted her to confirm if her testimony was real. She told me it was. She also told me about African Herbs and Herbalist and Dr Utu. She then gave me Dr. Utu contact, which I contacted him immediately. He told me about his Herbal Medicines and how he has helped many people get healthy with fruits and vegetables and also cured many with his Roots and traditional Herbs, I was interested. He prepared and sent me Herbal medicine for both HERPES & HIV through DHL I used this medicines for both HERPES and HIV carefully as was prescribed by him for 1week and 4days without my husband notice. I waited for a month then went for medical test in a different hospital and I was both herpes and HIV negative I felt reborn. I showed my husband my result and told him everything including DR UTU. He contacted DR UTU who also sent him HIV Herbal Medicine. He used this Medicines for just 8days, then we both went to our family doctor who confirmed my husband HIV negative and me still negative. Our family doctor, Dr Paul is a good Christian and often advice his patients to use natural remedy. Based on confidential he do introduce some of his patients to DR UTU for Herbal cure. If you are sick and want the right Herbal Medicine contact DR UTU on drutuherbalcure@gmail.com

  2. I am From UK, Dr azen is the only Dr who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his healing spell, i have tried almost everything but i couldn't find any solution on my disease, despite all these happening to me, i always spend a lot to buy HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve, i was just browsing on the internet when i come across a great post of !Nicole! who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor, sometime i really wonder why people called him Dr azen , i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him, and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that any one who contacted him is always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you,so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him, so i did all things only to see that at the very day which that has left me before rush back and i becomes very strong and healthy, this disease almost kills my life all because of me, so i will to hospital to give the final test to the disease and the doctor said i am HIV negative,i am very amazed and happy about the healing Dr Aire gave to me from the help of his ancient herbs But if you feel like contacting Dr azen at once you can email him now for your (azentemple@gmail.com) or what'sapp +2349038299828

  3. nice to read, thanks for share

  4. I deemed it important to let the world know about a man who cured me of HIV/AIDS, he is Dr. Iyabiye, and I never take it seriously when I first saw his recommendation online. I reached out to him not because I believed it but because my finances was running dry for buying HIV/aids Antiretroviral drugs to slow down the viral load all the time. But behold I got cured after the treatment. I went for checkup just as the doctor instructed and I was tested negative. Here are his contacts if anyone wish to reach him for help: +234-815-857-7300, iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com

  5. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us. illinois power of attorney for health care

  6. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us. illinois power of attorney for health care

  7. I experienced dark urine and ribs pain, so I went to the hospital for treatment and I was diagnosed for chronic HEPATITIS B. The doctor gave me drugs to slowdown the viral load which later worsens the ailment because the drugs weren’t effective anymore. And I was so scared because they say it has no cure, I told a friend about it and luckily he told me he ones battled same problem in the past but he was saved by Dr. Iyabiye. He gave me his contact and I reached him and I became well and tested negative after the treatment. Here is his contact if you have such case. Contact: +234-815-857-7300, (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com)

  8. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.


  9. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.


Leave a Reply

Your email is never published nor shared.